Best Paying Jobs in China
China has a unique culture, distinctive cuisine and a longstanding appreciation for the abilities of foreign workers. All of which make it a popular destination for those looking to experience life overseas.
But emigrating can be expensive, so having a job which pays well can make a huge difference when you’re trying to start a new life.
In the current economic climate securing a well paid position is tricky, but not impossible. No matter how the national or global economy is faring there are always going to be certain jobs which pay more than others.
Of course, which jobs pay well is subject to demand, location, experience and sector. Remember, careers with a high pay grade in the UK may not be as well compensated in other countries, while mid-income jobs in the UK could be highly paid elsewhere!
If you’re emigrating to China (or even if you’re only considering a move) it might interest you to know that the top twenty-five best paying Chinese jobs are very different to the top twenty-five best paying jobs in the UK.
To see whether you could be earning more than you thought here’s a list of the twenty-five best paid jobs in China, with rough average yearly salaries.
All data sourced from Salary Explorer, Feb 2013. Conversion to GBP based on exchange rate of £1/9.45 CNY
GBP figures rounded up to nearest pound.
These salaries are national averages only, salaries will vary significantly regionally.
25. Mechanical Engineer (Engineering) 120,000 CNY/ £12,696
24. Manufacturing Manager (Factory and Manufacturing) 120,000 CNY/ £12,696
23. History Teacher (Teaching/Education) 120,000 CNY/ £12,696
22. Office Manager (Administration/Reception/Secretarial) 144,000 CNY/ £15,235
21. ERP / CRM – Technical Consultant (IT) 156,000 CNY/ £16,595
20. Materials Engineer (Engineering) 180,000 CNY/ £19,044
19. Legal Consultant (Legal) 216,000 CNY/£22,853
18. Product Development (Marketing) 216,000 CNY/£22,853
17. Customer Service Executive (Customer Service and Call Centre) 216,000 CNY/£22,853
16. Planning Director (Business Planning) 240,000 CNY/ £25,392
15. Environment Advisor (Environmental) 240,000 CNY/ £25,392
14. Supply Chain Manager (Purchasing) 323,788 CNY/ £34,257
13. Market Research Manager (Marketing) 323,943 CNY/ £34,273
12. Technical Consultant (IT) 348,000 CNY/ £36,818
11. Regional Director (Executive and Management) 357,700 CNY/ £37,845
10. Sales Manager (Sales Retail and Wholesale) 360,000 CNY/ £38,088
9. Business Consultant (Business Planning) 360,000 CNY/ £38,088
8. Project Manager (Executive and Management) 397,500 CNY/ £42,056
7. Interior Designer (Architecture) 420,000 CNY/ £44,436
6. Designer (Fashion/Apparel) 480,000 CNY/ £50,784
5. General Manager (Executive and Management) 486,000 CNY/£51,419
4. Hotel Manager (Food/Hospitality/Tourism/Catering) 528,000 CNY/ £55,862
3. Product Development Engineer (Engineering) 600,000 CNY/ £63,480
2. Systems Architect (IT) 696,000 CNY/ £73,637
1. Broadcast Technician (Media/Broadcasting/Arts/Entertainment) 764,904 CYN/ £80,927
The twenty-five best paying jobs in China covered a broad spectrum of sectors, although IT and engineering provided the most highly paid positions.
High paying China jobs which didn’t quite make the list include Architect, Construction Supervisor and System Administrator.